Saturday, January 31, 2015

More than before...

More.

Exercise: 

  • I've been going faithfully with my guy to the gym several times a week.  We are doing a little more each time and are committed to getting healthier together.
  • I also went hiking with my girl Hannah up to Mt. Rubidoux.  It's a great hike with beautiful scenery and challenging inclines.  She even convinced me to climb a bit! We are going to try to do something active every Friday that we can since I have it off now that I am working a four day work week.
  • I've decided I need to also incorporate some yoga back into my life.  I will be dusting off my Biggest Loser Weight Loss yoga dvd to start with - it's not as easy as it looks!


Made it to the top!

Me:
  • I made an appointment to address some blood pressure issues.  I had a nurses visit yesterday and although I am borderline high blood pressure, I asked for a doctor visit for next Friday so I can properly deal with it and will also be asking about some other issues.  It's not like me to voluntarily go to the doctor or to make time to get things checked out - but I know it's important and am ready to feel good and own the fact that I've let my health go by the wayside. 
  • I received Practical Paleo from my cousin Erin.  Not only am I enjoying the recipes, I am enjoying all that I can learn from the WHY behind the Paleo lifestyle.  So, I cut out all grains, legumes, dairy and processed sugar from my regular diet.  This also cuts out processed foods.  The hardest thing about this way of eating is that I have to really be mindful and plan ahead.  But isn't that what we should be doing with our food anyway? The book has several 30 day challenges that are each designed for different issues and I am looking forward to doing the Heart Health one first.  I will let you know how it goes.
  • p.s. I've lost 6 pounds in the last few weeks.  I am not in a hurry to lose the weight with some fad diet or insane regimen.  Eating better, moving MORE, and being more mindful - it's the best way and we all know it.
  • I took some time and used a special coupon someone gifted me and got my haircut - at a salon!  It was really nice!  My daughter Hannah also talked me into getting a pedicure while she got her nails done.  Ah - my favorite!
Sauteed Cilantro Lime Shrimp and Green Beans
Cajun Chicken wings and Lettuce Wrapped Tacos
Choosing the right foods when eating out might be my biggest challenge. 
My "comfort" foods may have to take on a different form. 

Gratitude:
  • I'm so very thankful for my job.  I can go to work, do my best and come home and be done with it.  We are currently in our "off-season" so things are slower.  We've started our four day work week and I am so grateful for this time.  I plan on enjoying this extra free day to the fullest.
  • I am trying to be MORE observant and appreciative of my surroundings.  The beauty in the every day.  I am usually on my way to work before the sun is fully up and that has brought me some beautiful sights as I go.


My view as I pull into work in Riverside.

Tomorrow will be February 1st and I am glad that I have so much MORE to which I can look forward.  

What are you doing MORE of this year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...