Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Reverb 10|Day 8|Beautifully Different


December 8 – Beautifully Different.
Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful.
(Author: Karen Walrond)Leave a Comment

________________________________________



This was another difficult post for me. I think I saw the "what makes you different" and thought that it would be no problem...I AM different - LOL...but then I saw the "you" and the "beautiful" in the same question and I froze.



So...let's see. I have to do this. I need to do this.

Things that make me different...
  • I am forgiving. Very forgiving. Almost to a fault. I don't like to hold grudges. I want peace with everyone.
  • I am not happy if those around me are not happy. This is why I have to surround myself with positive people. We all have our days, but generally - I try to keep it positive.
  • I love to laugh and I laugh hard and loud. Sometimes, a snort will even sneak out.
  • On the other hand, I cry easily. Hardly ever for myself. Happy, sad, whatever - I am easily moved these days. I think it might be because for most of my life I tried to hold in my emotions if they were going to involve tears.
  • I am loyal. I will be your friend forever. If you walk away from me - I will be here when you decide to return. I am not a door mat, but like I said - I don't hold grudges.
  • I am passionate about my family, my children, my home. Attack any of these things and all of the above points are null and void. Just sayin'. =)

Well, I don't know if any of that makes me beautiful - but that's me right there. I turned 40 last month and I think I am finally getting to the point where I want to accept myself the way I am. Flaws and all. Always looking for improvement, wanting to stay teachable, but thankful that I am blessed beyond measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...