The idea behind 3 in 30 is to take our big "to do" and ever-growing list of goals and just tackling them one chunk at a time each month. You can find out more about it by clicking the link in this post or the side bar.
My goals for February were:
1. Get to know my city.
2. Read more for me (leisure).
3. Lose 5-10 lbs. this month
I am very happy to say that I have accomplished ALL of these this month. Yes, even the weight loss. I got a late start on that one because we all spent the first week feeling under the weather and I just ate whatever felt comforting. *sigh* But then I snapped into shape because I knew it was now or never. I have been eating a Paleo type diet again and I've been going walking with my husband every morning. I'm not talking about a leisurely stroll either. It's more like race-walking trying to keep up with him and it's pretty far. I've got to ask him what the distance is because I'm not sure...but it's a good start. I'm also going to get back into my crossfit workouts that my cousin wrote up for me before I got hurt. I really felt good when I did those daily - so it's time to get back to it.
I've been reading some books just for fun - picked up a few new ones at a yard sale too. I've been reading a lot online. I enjoy finding blogs that talk about art, mixed-media, Bible-based blogs, healthy living... So PLENTY of things to read. I think I'm going to have to purge my Google Reader so I can get that back in order.
I've also taken time this month to get to know my city a little better. I realised that I live in a wonderful city with many resources for fun and learning. There is a wonderful sense of community here and so much for the family!
Now...for my March goals!
1. SCRAPBOOK!!!! I've been having so much fun with blogging, facebook, making cards and art journaling that I've totally let my scrapbooking fall by the way side. I don't expect to "catch up" on anything - but I need to at least scrap twice a week in the month of March. It's been so long, I've got to figure out where I left off!
2. Try one new recipe each week. I cook a full dinner at least 5 times a week for my family of six. I have 4 children ranging in age from 3 to 15 years old. It is my goal to make sure that they are nutritional, yet delicious!
3. Write AND mail at least 2 letters/cards each week!! I have always been a huge fan of snail mail. I love holding a piece of stationery in my hands and being able to read and re-read that handwritten sentiments. I do have a few peope that still write me via snail mail and I think I need to step it up a bit to encourage others to write more letters. I am also a fan of surprising someone with a RAK in the mail - a random act of kindness. It's time to spread the love!
Well, there they are. I'm excited to add these new goals to my life while still working on my January and February goals. What goals do you have for this month?