Friday, February 18, 2011

Love is Free.

In celebration of LOVE, Connie at Dirty Footprints Studio is have an Art Journal Love Day!! Head over and join in the fun!
LOVE is FREE. It is not something that you have to earn. I still struggle with being "good enough". I still struggle with conditions being put on love and acceptance. I never want to do that to anyone. I want to love - no matter what. If I say it - I mean it - I show it. It's free. You don't have to do any more to get more. I'm thankful for an Unconditional Love from my Heavenly Father. I want to love like Jesus loves.

I did these pages in an old, hard-backed Discovery and Exploration Atlas History. A friend of mine gave it to me to use for the text pages in my art work. After looking at it for a while, I decided that I would rather use it as a journal. This Love prompt was my first piece in it. Here's what it looks like.

Here's the outside...

The inside cover...

This is what some of the pages look like...

I know...some of you must think it's a pity to paint in a book like this - but I LOVE it. History and geography are some of my favorite subjects and now I get to mix some art into it?? Perfect!

6 comments:

  1. Using that book is a great way to upcycle, I love it!!! We have a whole set of old encyclopedias that I have been trying to figure out what to do with. These will work great as art journals!!!

    Oh and I love how you didn't use any pink or red but its still all about love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work and that it comes from the deepest places of your heart and for your love of Jesus. I hope you don't get tired of hearing what an inspiration you are to me and what a blessing. Maybe we will get to actually meet one of these days but, in the meantime, know that you have made a difference in my life <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool idea! And I love the "love work".

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's absolutely amazing what you did with it. You're very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a FANTASTIC idea for some old books I have laying around. And do you use gesso on the pages first to strengthen them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Traci - I do gesso some of the pages, but these pages were pretty thick already - that's what made me think to do a journa with it. I also glued some pages together (double) with gel medium to reinforce it. =)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...