Saturday, June 25, 2011

ATC cards that I made while in Washington...

I like to take some sort of art or journaling supplies with me whenever I go on a trip. You never know when you'll be inspired and want to do more than a pen/pencil sketch. I pack a little pencil pouch with some watercolor pencils, gel pens, ATC cards, cat's eye ink pads, etc. and go. I also have my SMASH book, but am still trying to figure out my groove with that one. My favorite time to journal and create is early morning or late at night while everyone is still asleep. I was inspired to create some ATC's that would remind me of my mom and dad when I returned back to my home in California. Here's what I came up with...

Some people may think they have a green thumb, but my mom has a green hand! Her house is filled with beautiful and exotic flowers. She has already started a vegetable garden in her new backyard too. Her favorite flowers are orchids and she has so many varieties. I was amazed at how full they all were with blooms. I will always think of her when I see a delicate orchid.

As long as I can remember, my dad has enjoyed eating Snyder's of Hanover Hard Sourdough pretzels. My grandpa loved to snack on them as well. With my dad though, it was almost like an art. haha. He'd get a chunk of sharp cheddar cheese and he'd grab the well-known brown box of pretzels and sit down to watch t.v. or whatever and start munching away. Makes me crave them just thinking about it. The way he'd take a bite of pretzel and then the cheese. Even my kids love them now. It's just a bit of comfort for him after a long day at work. Now the brown box and hard pretzels bring me comfort when I think of them. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...