Monday, December 12, 2011

FOR TODAY...

Outside my window...It has been raining and it is finally cold! The kind of cold where it stings just a little.  However, I am thankful that I can stay cozy in my home, but can get a blast of cold "winter" air if I want just by opening the door. =)
I am thinking...about the wonderful time I had with the ladies from my church last night. I was surely blessed by the fellowship.  I am also thinking about my friend Erin and her family.  Praying that they will be blessed beyond measure.
I am thankful...for Emmanuel.  God is with us.  Nothing else matters.  In good times or bad - Emmanuel.
From the learning rooms...hoping to do some fun Christmas themed activities that I saw on Pinterest.
In the kitchen...Lots of yummy leftovers put aside from the potluck last night.  I may not even have to cook dinner tonight.  ;)
I am wearing...my comfiest, most favorite pajamas.  They are gray with white polka dots.  Thee best material.  I declared it to be a pajama day today. I've NEVER done that before. haha.
I am creating...some Joy Boxes to fill some orders on Etsy as well as several Jumbo Paper Clip Bookmarks for Etsy orders.  
I am going...nowhere today.  Absolutely nowhere.  =)
I am wondering...what my kids want for Christmas.  Believe it or not, they really haven't talked about it much.
I am reading..."Choosing to SEE" by Mary Beth Chapman on my new Kindle Fire.  I was so touched when my husband and children gave it to me for my birthday.  They all chipped in (even using their birthday money) to get mama something super nice.  Of course, I cried.  I haven't purchased any books or music yet.  I borrowed this one from a Lender Library through Kindle. =)
I am hoping...for something very important and unspoken.
I am looking forward to...seeing my sister Tabitha and her family.  They will be here for almost a week.  Christmas will be extra-special for sure!
I am hearing...the sounds of "Cars 2" in the background.  My husband got it from the Red Box for the kids last night.  They hid out upstairs while I had my ladies' event.  Of course, my little guy has to watch it AGAIN. haha
Around the house...Everything is pretty much in order.  I had my Ladies' Ministry Christmas fellowship here last night.  There are some dishes from the potluck in the sink, but everything else got cleaned up right after.  My Marco even helped put away the tables and mopped!!
I am pondering...what kind of hand-made gifts I can make for friends this year.  Finances are beyond tight, but that shouldn't stop us from doing what we can for others, right?
One of my favorite things...is when one of my children come up to me and give me a hug or says "I love you" just out of the blue - expecting nothing in return. haha.  True love at its finest. 
A few plans for the rest of the week: Lots of creating in the craft room, our mid-week service, my husband's birthday at the end of the week, Hannah's Water Polo game and anything else that comes my way. =)
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
This little girl is ME. Taken when I was about the same age as my little guy Marco.   This was taken at the PX  on base in Korea.  I was an only child at this time.  Shortly after that, we would move back to the States and my brother would be born, followed by my three sisters over the next several years.  I love and miss them all so much!

1 comment:

  1. i love reading your simple woman's daybook. however there isn't anything simple about it :) you're always so busy! I miss you sis and can't wait to be with you all again. you're my heart.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...