Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Just a regular day...

I had a migraine headache for the last two days.  Today, I woke up feeling better, but with just a hint of headache lingering somewhere in the back of my neck.  I didn't sleep well, but got up at 5 a.m. to be sure that Hannah got up on time to leave for water polo practice.  She just started playing on her school team.  It's the first time for her to ever play this sport, but she loves it.  Morning and after school practice - just about every day.
After I was sure she was off to school, I fell asleep for a little while longer and then got up to get the other two girls off to school.  Naomi would have her school Christmas program today.  She has been practicing her songs and was quite excited, so I didn't have much struggle when I called her name to wake her up.
She decided to make her own lunch today - I have no idea why - and that was fine.  Marco got the girls off to school and it was my turn to get ready and have my little guy get ready too.
"Oh, God!", he says.  I tell him not to say that because he's using God's name in vain.  He then proceeds to tell me that he really needs a hair cut.  What four year old even cares about that? hahaha!  He's looking at himself in the mirror.  It is quite funny.  His hair is going in all directions.  I told him to make sure and tell his dad when he gets back home.
She's in the back row...with a super tall boy right in front of her. Gah.  Oh, well. Good thing she had her eye on us the whole time. =)
The three of us went to Naomi's school to watch her perform.  There were so many parents there - I couldn't believe it!!  I was glad to be able to get a few good shots of her.  She sang very well and kept her eyes on us the whole time.  So cute!  My girl, she's growing up so fast.

Marco saw Naomi walking in line to her class.  He snuck in for a quick hug from his best friend. Love them together!!
The children went back to their classes immediately after their performances, so we left too.  My husband decided that Marco really did need a haircut.  So off we went.  I waited in the car and read a book called "Remembering Christmas" on my Kindle.  It's a loaner and I only have 14 days to read it, so I had to get busy. =)
It wasn't long before my little guy came out with his new hair cut.  His hair was all "spikey".  He looked so grown.  I took a couple pictures of him since I had the camera with me already.  Of course, he obliged.
haha!
 He had two "Lily Pops" in his hand.  The lady always gives him an extra for his sister, but I don't think she's going to see any of that today! LOL

Then it was back home and my husband decides he's going to make some burgers for us.  They were so good.  Now he's gone to go meet with someone from church.  He'll be doing church work for the rest of the day and then he'll be picking the girls up from school.  I've been working on getting some Etsy orders done.  I am sooo thankful that those are coming in the way they are!  I don't think we have any plans tonight - although with church - that could change at any time.  We have our mid-week service on Thursdays now, so hopefully it will be a quiet night at home with the family.
Just a regular day for us - just not as busy. =)
I'm saying a prayer and thinking of so many of you right now.  You are on my heart, I want you to know that!

Philippians 4:6-7~"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

6 comments:

  1. I love that him and Nay are best buddies. So precious! she looked beautiful and I bet she did such a fab job singing. I think i've mentioned this before but in case YOU forgot, that is one handsome little man you got there :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about your title: "Just a regular day" Right now, that is what I miss the most "the regular days" these are days that are secure, filled with love and peace, days of consistency, laughter and joy. It is days like this that I miss, just being there. My nephew and nieces have grown so much. I wish to see them. Enjoy every regular day to it's fullest and may you blog many.. =) Love you, Ondray

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some seriously cute children. :)Enjoying your posts and the warmth of them. Love someone who can be real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Marco is getting so big and so handsome. Anastasia misses Naomi a lot.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...