Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook :: Week 5

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...it is dark, but it was a beautiful Southern California day.  It may be the first day of February, but the temperature was about 84*F.  There was a slight breeze to keep it cool enough to enjoy, but warm enough for flip flops and a t-shirt.

I am thinking...that some people will never ever be happy with the life they have.  They will spend all of their days looking for the new thing, the better thing, the easier thing...  Oh, don't get me wrong.  There's nothing wrong with trying to better yourself or your situation, but I am talking about people that just are not ever satisfied.  No contentment... I just have a problem with that.


I am thankful...for facebook.  Yep.  I love that my sisters and my brother are just a click away.  I love that I can see pictures of my friends and family on a regular basis.  It helps the distance not seem so far.

In the kitchen...the table has been cleared, the dishes are being put in the dishwasher and ice cream is being enjoyed by the kids.

I am wearing...my pajamas.  I am totally comfy and settled in for the night.

I am creating...lesson plans for my four year old.  I am thankful for pinterest and all of it's ideas for homeschooling.

I am going...to bed before midnight tonight...I hope...maybe... LOL

I am wondering...what the month of February will hold for my family and I.  January was a pretty hard month.  From day one all the way to day thirty-one.  *sigh*

I am reading...Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs still.  I really haven't even been able to get into yet.  I keep reading the same pages over again and again.  Maybe I'll block out some time tomorrow JUST for reading.  No interruptions - we shall see.



I am hoping...to get some things made for our Valentine's Banquet.  We have a theme! Yay! That's the main thing.  Now, with some Pinterest ideas, I've got to get to work!

I am looking forward to...Sunday!  I love Sundays 'cause I get to be with my church family as well as my immediate family.  I love working together with others that love God and are looking to spread the same message of Amazing Grace as I am.

I am learning...that there's always more to learn.  Every day, all the time.  

Around the house...there are red hearts, pink and white birds, and hints of Valentine's in the air. 

I am pondering...the many things that I have in my closet that need to go on Craigslist or Ebay.  I'd like to sell my Sizzix alphabets, Cuttlebug alphabets and even my Cricut Create.  Hopefully I can sell those items and have enough to get a full size Cricut so that I can do some other projects that I've been wanting to create!

A favorite quote for today..."I believe that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but, we are responsible for who we become." 


One of my favorite things...is ice cream.  My favorite right now is Cherry Chocolate Chip from Rite Aid.  I love it.  

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Friday is a water polo game as well as band practice, Saturday will be spent working on Banquet stuff and Sunday is church and then relax on Sunday night!

A peek into my day...
This is my silly little guy. He did a good job behaving at the game today.  It's hard for him to sit still through two whole games. LOL  He did really well and didn't go near the edge of the pool once. Eeks!!
Linking up with Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook Blog

3 comments:

  1. omg he is just too much cuteness for a little boy. Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that quote - it is so true! Your little guy is getting so big - he's such a ham.
    Have a great evening Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoy reading your blogs all the time.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...