Saturday, March 3, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook :: Week 8

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...It is simply beautiful - stunning really. They say it's supposed to be in the 80's, but it doesn't really feel that warm 'cause of the heavy winds.

I am thinking...about really re-organizing my craft studio.  I have a small space to work with and I want it to be pleasing to the eye because it's an open room at the front of the house, but I also need things accessible enough that I remember they're there for me to use them.

I am thankful...for friends that ask you if you are okay and even if you say you are - they know when you really aren't and say, "I know you are not.  Let's talk."

In the kitchen...I made some amazing sirloin pork roast, rice and broccoli with cheese for dinner last night for the band and family.  It was a hit!  Hardly anything left over.

I am wearing...denim capris, flowy, easy-breezy tan and orange floral blouse and tan Roxy canvas loafers.  Comfy - yet a little dressier than just a t-shirt or jersey.

I am creating...a banner for a special little girl. Her mom asked that it have her name and a Princess theme.  It's got lots of pink! haha!

I am going...out for Pho with my two oldest daughters. Trying to be spontaneous.  Hannah had a craving and now the three of us are getting ready to go.  I don't mind spontaneity, as long as it's carefully planned. ;)

I am wondering...how our new service schedule will be for church.  We are trying a new set up and I will be teaching the boys/girls high school Sunday School class.  I am looking forward to teaching the kids again!

I am reading..."One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp I just love it so much.  I have read bits of it here and there and was so glad to finally get my own copy.  You really need to check it out if you haven't yet.

I am hoping...that my upcoming dental appointment is positive. I do not have dental insurance, but I am in dire need of dental attention.  

I am looking forward to...seeing Naomi in her new glasses.  They were ordered and should be here in about a week or so.  She really needed them and we finally got them ordered.

I am learning...still... that I can not fix anybody else's problems.  I can only be there for them, pray for them, and listen to them.  I just wish I could make it all better somehow. =(

Around the house...there are piles of clean laundry that is folded, but not put away.  Most of it belongs to the two youngers because I have to go through their dressers and take out anything that is too small to make room for everything else.  Ugh. I dread that task.

I am pondering...new ideas for our Youth Group and our Sunday School program as well as the nursery ministry.  I believe that the children and teens really need direction, nurturing, and balance in their lives.  Hopefully we can help to offer some of that our church for the families. 

A favorite quote for today... 


One of my favorite things...is waking up in a warm, cozy bed in a chilly room.  =)

A few plans for the rest of the week:  We had attended a birthday party today.   It was really nice. The theme was "Tangled" and Rapunzel was even there to play games, paint faces and more.  Then tomorrow we are starting our Sunday School program back up and I am teaching the high school class.  On Monday, I am finally going to the dentist to see what all needs to be done to fix my teeth.  I am scared out of my mind and I know that they aren't even doing anything on them that day. lol.  That's bad isn't it?

A peek into my day...
At first, Marco didn't want any part of the "Rapunzel" party.  Good thing Rapunzel is a smart princess and brought some cool stuff for the boys too.  She even painted this cool spider for him on his face.  This is one happy boy!
Linking up with Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...