Saturday, June 16, 2012

Finding My Wings...




I guess you can see a progression here on the pages.  I didn't realize it, but I think I tend to turn to my soul journal more often during the difficult or confusing times.  I don't know, I think it may be because I don't have to betray myself with words that would not suffice.  I am not a complainer.  I don't like to be negative - even with my closest friends or family, so I turn to my books.  I do journal happy times to of course, but sometimes your heart is heavy and you just need to have an outlet.  I find myself praying as I play with the different mediums and textures.  I may not always love what I've created, but I always feel a little better in spirit.  You should try it.  Clearly, you don't have to be an artist.  Just do what moves you. 

1 comment:

  1. My mouth is dropped open!
    I feel like we're kinda on the same page even.
    In our soul journals....
    -- I'm looking at your art and totally feelin it... and get it. :)

    Love how God's using EVERYthing ... to shape us Sherry... to fly with Him.
    Your artbook is beautiful and I love the true transformation... the deep one going on.
    Keep flying chicky!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...