Monday, November 19, 2012

Fall, family, food and fun!

We got some yummy bread bowls from Panera, so I made homemade cheesy potato soup to go with them. Yum.

 I wanted to make some homemade potato soup and searched the internet for a recipe that would call for the items I had on hand.  I also knew that I wanted cheese and bacon to be involved. haha.  I found this recipe and then tweaked it a bit.
 After Halloween, I was cruising the clearance aisles at Target and found a fun little cake pop kit that was about $2.  It came with some cake mix, candy melts, frosting mix, and sticks. I couldn't believe how easy it was and how nice they turned out!
 Marco couldn't wait to bite into his. It was a definite hit with everybody. The kids took some to school for their teachers too. 
They turned out really moist and not too sweet!
 We got a chance to go to the Annual Insect Fair and Pumpkin Festival at Cal Poly Pomona.
Naomi was pretty brave about holding the insects.
 My insect boy, Marco, loved it all, but he was especially intrigued by the honeybees. 
 Taryn, a girl after my own heart, appreciating the vintage smoker that the bee keepers used.
 Hannah, also like her mama, handling a tarantula. =)
 I had to get in on the action. 
 Do you see the web he's pulling out of the tarantula?? So cool!
 My two guys. =)  Marco has a little cricket clicker on his head. Silly boy.
Here are my kiddos.  They are my life. I am blessed beyond measure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...