Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hello Monday|thirteen

**I think I may have to start calling these entries "Whoosh! There goes Monday!" Haha! 
I started this on Monday very early in the morning and then I took a break and it wasn't long before I was hearing the news about the tragic bombing in Boston at the finish line of their Marathon.  I didn't watch the news because I did not want to have the images burned into my mind.  I can still picture so much of 9/11 and I just didn't think I could do it.  I listened, with a heavy heart, to the news on the radio as I ran errands with my husband. It had both of us silent as we listened to the details. We are still praying for the city and we are still praying for our beloved country.**
  
hello  Monday Mugshots. This week's mugshot is in collaboration with A Year in the Life of an Art Journal.  They give a prompt every 15th and 30th of every month. Here's today's prompt:PROMPT: What's your Story? (everyone has a story about a person, event, emotion, feeling, whatever, tell me yours)
SHOOTERS Shoot your mug with a stack of books.
BOOKERS: Focus on lots of journaling! Use stencils or masks. If you don't want your journaling to SHOW, journal THEN PAINT! Cover your journaling with your paints and embellishments!! 
hello lifeguard training and summer job!  My Hannah has been attending Swim/Aquatics camp at Lake Perris for the last several summers.  Last year, she worked as a volunteer helper to the lifeguards.  I was so proud of her.  There are two sessions of camp that last two weeks each time. Campers learn to swim or improve their technique if they already swim, learn about nutrition, CPR and basic first aid.
Well, this past Saturday they had their once a year testing to qualify for a possible position in the program for the PAID summer job.  She had to swim 1000 meters in 20 minutes or less and then run 200 m., swim 400 m, and run 200 m. in 10 minutes.  She passed!!  It was no easy task, but she did it.  She got called back for an interview that day and then today they called and told her she had been accepted.  I am so proud of her!  Training starts when school is out.
hello surprise photos.  These are just a few of the photos that I find from time to time on my phone. You can see the two guilty parties due to the "selfies" they took. Haha! Looks like my boy has a thing about taking pics of his toes...sometimes clean and sometimes not! haha!
hello prom dress shopping. Here are just a few of the dresses that she tried on.  Took us two days, but she finally chose THE dress.
hello senior prom!  Yes, my baby has her senior prom this Saturday.  She is going with a friend who sweetly asked her by spelling out "PROM?" with rose petals at school.  Can't believe it's already here. Getting kind of weepy. My baby girl.
hello etsy orders. I am so thankful for them, but what's up with them all coming in at one time? lol That's alright. I will take it!!  Lot's to do still. Mailboxes with affirmation cards, banners, journals and mini journals...

So there you go. hello monday and new beginnings.

Inspired by my friend, Lee at Embrace Life, Hello Monday provides a peek into the coming week - in all its glory. Join us and Lisa for the Hello Monday fun.

“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”    
~~Nelson Mandela

2 comments:

  1. ok so I want to see which dress she chose! and she now has a date??? AWESOME! I can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know which dress, too!! I personally like the one in the middle row, far right, but they are all adorable.
    And congrats on her passing that life guarding test - no small feat!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...