Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Hello again!

Well, I had quite the blog break for the month of August and most of the summer to be honest.
Truth of the matter is that I have had a lot going on - not just because I had a daughter graduate high school and start college, a new high schooler that is now playing volleyball and water polo, or the fact that I have two little ones that I needed to keep busy and entertained all summer - but because I have had a lot going on myself.  Emotional, spiritual, mental - dig way down deep kind of stuff - has been going on and I like it!
It hasn't necessarily been easy or pretty, but it's been good.  The timing is right and I am glad for it.

I can't wait to come back and share.  I think my blogging style will be changing up too.   I may even have to start a whole new blog altogether. I dunno.   I'm not going to stress over it - that's one thing I am really working on.

In the mean time, I will just share this yummy picture with you.  I am on my 9th day of Paleo/Primal eating.  Hoping I can stick with it long enough for it to just become the norm for me.  I truly believe it's the best way to eat.  I know that it helps me lose weight (I am waaaay over right now), but more importantly it helps me to feel better.
Like many of you, I enjoyed my Labor Day with family and friends.  They hosted a BBQ poolside for our family.  My friend knew that I had already started eating this way and they had plenty of appropriate offerings for me to choose from and it made it so much easier for me to "be good".

Here's what I brought.  It's Creamy Seafood Salad that I adapted from a couple different recipes on Pinterest.
I rarely measure ingredients - I just eyeball and taste as I go - so you may want to adjust it to your tastes.
Creamy Seafood Salad
1 bag of cooked, peeled, jumbo shrimp (chopped)
1 can of good quality white lump crab meat
1 large hard boiled egg (grated)
1 large cucumber peeled and diced (remove seeds)
1 whole green onion (minced)
1/2 cup of cilantro (diced)
2 tsp dried dill
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp celery seed
1/4 tsp sea salt
4 Tbs good quality mayonnaise
3 Tbs sour cream
Paprika (optional) to taste
Directions: Mix all ingredients until creamy and well blended and chill for at least an hour.
I ate this as a side, but it would make a great lunch on its own or as an appetizer on cucumber slices.

*please note that on a very strict Paleo diet dairy is usually not consumed. It is a gray area that is ultimately up to you to research and decide what works or makes sense for you. You can read all about Paleo eating right here.


I'm glad to be back.  Looking forward to the rest! xo

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have you back Sherry!! Looking forward to any of your insights from this busy summer!
    Cheering you on with your eating changes - you go!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...