Saturday, January 10, 2015

2015 ::One Little Word::

I have been choosing One Little Word to guide my year since 2009.  I got the idea from this blog by Ali Edwards.   For me, this One Little Word was meant to replace the "New Year Resolutions".  I've always been very thoughtful about choosing my word each year and often times found myself worrying over it as I prayed and meditated and waited for the word to come to me.  You see, I have always had a hard time knowing what I wanted in life.  I never struggled with helping others.  I was a great leader and encourager to those that needed me - an edifier, if you will.  However for me? Not so much.  It could be anything - I had such a hard time choosing anything for myself. For me.
Here are my words from years past along with my word for 2015:
FOCUS, TRUE, JOURNEY, DO, MINIMIZE, ASSERTIVE and MORE

So, you may have noticed that the last time I blogged here, it was 2013.  I am an avid journaler and never stopped writing my thoughts and continued to keep a written journal.  I've done that since I was a young girl.  Anyway, for reasons I won't go into here, I decided to take a break from my public blog.  I continued with other social media platforms, but I kept it very basic only sharing pictures of special events or moments on my "friends only" timeline - rarely sharing opinions, personal thoughts or anything like that.


I want you to know (if there's anyone even here anymore) that I've missed this blog very much.  There were many times where I wanted to come and share or vent or whatever - but I just couldn't.

But now - I am back.  And guess what?  I am looking for MORE!  More of what?  I kept feeling like I wanted to re-visit my word from 2013 which was MINIMIZE.  But something kept telling me that instead of wanting LESS for myself, I needed to put a positive spin on it and decide that I wanted MORE.  So instead of saying LESS stress - I can say MORE relaxation and leisure.  Instead of less clutter and chaos in all areas of my life - I can say MORE organization and follow through.  Get it?
It's all about going with the POSITIVE AFFIRMATION.  



This year, I would like to enjoy or experience MORE:
  • gratitude
  • art
  • focus
  • sleep
  • exercise
  • devotion
  • books
  • laughter
  • freedom
  • assertiveness
  • truth
  • desire
  • spirituality
  • peace
  • fun
  • music
  • ME.
I am really excited about all the possibilities this year holds for me.  It has already been a great year and as a matter of fact, 2014 ended up being quite awesome too. I look forward to being HERE so much MORE.  I hope that you will join me!  


Did you choose a word or intention this year?  I'd love to hear about it.  Feel free to leave a link or tell me in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Love it sis. I would like more boobage :) lol I love you and think you are just amazing. And truly inspiring. You make me want to do more as well and just be better all around. Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...