Sunday, December 19, 2010

Reverb 10| Day 19|Healing


December 19 – Healing.
What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011?
(Author: Leonie Allan)
____________________________________________
One thing I know, is that before any kind of healing begins, there must first be a diagnosis. Before there can be a diagnosis, the symptoms must be identified and acknowledged.
This year, I've learned that there are a lot of different "symptoms" that I have need of acknowledging. The problem is...I don't know how. I think I've supressed so many pains and fears for so long that I have to learn to recognize what the "healthy" me should look like.

So, let me say that the healing is just in the very beginning stages. Yes, I do feel wounded and sick when it comes to certain things, but I know that I am resilient and I also know that I am greatly blessed. This has helped to get me this far - but I know that if I am to be all that I can for myself, my family, my ministry, my community...I have to be whole.
Psalm 42:11 – Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweet girl. This post just completely resounds with me.
    Everything you said.
    There are days when I feel like a walking wound,with no healing in sight.
    I even wonder if being whole is a possibility and if it is, what it even looks like.
    I love you beautiful friend, you are a fellow sojourner and amazing heart. Love you much.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...