Monday, December 27, 2010

Reverb 10|Day 27|Ordinary Joy

December 27 – Ordinary Joy
Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year?
(Author: Brené Brown)
____________________________________________
There is nothing more joyful for me than watching my children and seeing them truly happy.

My oldest, Hannah, with her very good friend Christina.

Taryn with her found pinecone while we visited friends in Idaho.

Naomi got a free apple at the Farmer's Market and the man quickly and skillfully cut a fancy shape out of it.

My little Marco watching the chef work his magic at Benihana. I may have used this picture before, but I just love the expression on his face.
I also want to add that I find great joy in finding special things when I am out thrifting or at yard sales, antique shops, etc. Some of my favorite finds this year:

I love these vintage Scrabble games because I can use every bit of it for my crafts!
I fell in love with this grapevine pear and pumpkin and gourd.
I love a great deal! I've learned to be content with what I have and to find joy in the simple things. I don't think that I can pick just one. Like I said, my children are always a good source of joy for me. Ordinary joy - this blog...finding that I have a comment from someone or a new follower. =) Going to bed super tired, but knowing I accomplished much...that brings me joy. Laying in bed and knowing that I did my best, that I was honest and positive, that I have a new day before me...that brings me joy.
Hearing a great song that just puts me a mood of worship and praise - wanting to just stop what I'm doing to sing out to my Heavenly Father...that brings me joy.
Ending the day with a kiss and I love you from my best friend, Marco...that always brings me joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...