Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Reverb 10|Day 29|Defining Moment

December 29 – Defining Moment
Describe a defining moment or series of events that has affected your life this year.
(Author: Kathryn Fitzmaurice)
_____________________________________

From dictionary.com
defining moment: 
–noun
a point at which the essential nature or character of a person, group, etc., is revealed or identified.
Wow. I am sure that there were many moments this year that could qualify as a defining moment. However, as I read the definition given for 'defining moment'...I faltered. I had to figure out which moment this year revealed or identified my essential nature or character....WOW.
The series of events that I would have to say really affected me this year, is my getting over worrying so much what others would think, stressing over whether or not I was liked or appreciated, coming to terms with the fact that I was not going to ever be able to make everyone happy.
This was a big deal to me. I've always lived my life in fear of disappointing someone. I've always felt that I was not good enough.
Instead, I've learned this year that I can only do what I know best, to love as much as I can, to believe in all that I can, and that is it. I must be content with that.
In accepting myself the way I am - a sinner saved by grace - I can be at ease and know that it is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...