Friday, December 31, 2010

Reverb 10|Day 30|Gift


December 30 – Gift
Prompt: Gift. This month, gifts and gift-giving can seem inescapable. What’s the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year?
(Author: Holly Root)
__________________________________________
I think that most memorable gift that I received this year had to be my Fabulous 40 surprise party. I showed up for a regular mid-week service at our church and was surprised to find that my church family, along with my husband and family and other friends had planned something very special for me.
My husband read letters that were sent ahead of time from some of my siblings, my parents, my grandmother. There was a video message from my sister Esther. There were friends in attendance that do not attend our church. It was very touching really.
I got some lovely gifts that night, but especially memorable was a camera from my husband. It's a Sony DSLR. He got a great bundle deal at Costco, so there was an extra lens with it. I am still learning about it all, but I was so surprised and excited at such a generous gift. As always, I know he sacrificed to get me something so nice.
The over-all night left me in a buzz, warmed to the core at all the love I felt from my family and friends. It really was the best gift of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...