Monday, December 6, 2010

Reverb 10|Day 6|Make

December 6 – Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? (Author: Gretchen Rubin)

Well, this one seems like a cake walk compared to yesterday's prompt. lol I have been doing a lot of creating since the kids went back to school in September. I have been making a mix of things. Most of the things I have been making are for my own creative endeavors and as an escape from my hectic day to day living.
I am soooo thankful for my husband and children who are very supportive of my need to create.
I have an etsy shop and recently cleared out all but two of my items. Up until now, I've been creating things just for the purpose of selling them. I'd like to begin selling a mix of my work...taking that risk of what I will consider rejection, if they never sell...
Anyway, I believe the last thing I made was a simple altered tin with some affirmation cards enclosed. I made it as a little gift for someone that I was sending some goodies. It was quick and easy, but I had the best time collecting the positive quotes and sayings for her to meditate upon. I also made cards that day. Again, they were simple, but I was in my studio and creating.

I have been working a lot on my art journal and I plan to paint more canvases. I am also interested in making stationery with my own artwork.
I've enjoyed working with gesso, acrylics, pastels and india ink lately. What are you creating these days?

This is a canvas that had an old project on it. I was about to throw it out and decided to paint over it... It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...