Thursday, December 2, 2010

Reverb10|Day2|Writing


December 2 - Writing.What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?(Author: Leo Babauta)

I facebook every day. A few times a day. It has really gotten in the way of my writing and especially my blogging. I used to head straight to my blog to post my most recent pictures or funny thing I heard or genius thought that would come to me... Now? Now I post my pictures on facebook or update my status to share what's currently going on in my life. There's nothing wrong with having a facebook - as a matter of fact - I love it. It's just that I was wondering why I hadn't felt the need to blog, even though the desire to blog was there. Does that make sense? Well, I figured out that it was because I had already shared it on my facebook. No need to go repeating myself right? lol
Well, I know that I need my facebook to keep in touch with my loved ones near and far, but I also NEED to blog. I need to journal. I need to write again. I used to fill up my notebooks, moleskine journals and more with little thoughts, short stories, amusing ramblings, and more. I need to get back to that. I will. I will write about my journey...will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...