Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Reverb 10|Day 1|One Word

December 1 - One Word.Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?(Author: Gwen Bell)


Okay, so my word for 2010 was TRUE. I wanted to be true to myself, to my family, to my Creator... I wanted to live an authentic life. I wanted to find integrity in what I was doing and to pass that on to those with whom I came in contact.

I thought about my word often throughout the year. I feel like I have been more true to myself than I have ever been...yet I know that I still struggle with completely opening up. There is something in me that is afraid to be completely real, to live as best as I know how without worrying about what others may think or whether they approve or not.

As for my word for 2011, I already know what it will be. JOURNEY. I am not making any promises and I have no "itinerary" for this trip. I will take each day and make the best of it. I wonder who I'll meet on my journey. I wonder what I will see, what I will experience and what I will learn... This year I celebrated my 40th birthday and I'm excited to live fully. I am not afraid. I have hope that it will be my best year yet. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...