Friday, January 21, 2011

What Do I Know of Holy?




My first goal for 3 in 30 was about my Quiet Time. My time each day that I spend praying, meditating, worshipping, reflecting ...on my Creator...my Savior. I am wanting it to be something more of a natural habit. Something as easy and necessary as breathing...
I was working at my craft table early this week when this song came on my Pandora. It is called "What Do I Know of Holy?" and is by Addison Road. As it played, I listened to the words. I had never heard it before. Before long, this song had me putting down my paint brush and I immediately paused my Pandora and had to look up the song on YouTube. I needed to see the lyrics and hear it again clearly.
This song literally brought me to my knees. These lines here: "If You touched my face would I know You? Looked into my eyes could I behold You?" I often feel like we spend so much time trying to know about "religion" and "laws" and we spend so much time being busy working for Him that we really miss who HE really is. Then these lines stood out too: "I guess I thought that I had figured You out. I knew all the stories and I learned to talk about...How You were mighty to save. Those were only empty words on a page. Then I caught a glimpse of who You might be. The slightest hint of You brought me down to my knees." Wow. I don't want to just rattle off a bunch of things that I learned in Sunday School or go around trying to convince people that what I believe is the Only Way... Instead, I want them to see Christ so real in me that they too might wonder what made me that way. I want them to see me love others regardless of their color, their class, their language, or lifestyle.
I was so encouraged by this song. It touched me so deeply and really made me think about my beliefs. I am a spiritual person. I am on a daily journey trying to peel away all of the layers of false teachings, prideful spirits, legalistic demands, etc. As each layer falls aways, I can see my Lord more clearly and I feel lighter and more free to worship Him and point others to Him.

1 comment:

  1. I am stopping by from 3 in 30 to say hi. I am looking forward to this year and what we will all learn from each other.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...