Friday, February 4, 2011

3in30|February|Week One {Goals}

One week into February and I wish I could ask for a do-over already! haha. It hasn't been too bad, but I can't believe it's already been a week. Breaking up our yearly goals by one month at a time is a great idea, but it also makes you realize how fast time can pass. Well, there's no avoiding it... let's see what I've got! Here are the goals I set for February.

1. Get to know my hometown ~ This may not sound very important, but I live in a pretty cool city here in Southern California. It's filled with rich history, cultural diversity and beautiful sights! My one little word for 2011 is JOURNEY and this goal will work as part of me wanting to see and do more on my JOURNEY.
***Well, I was assigned jury duty this last week and I did learn a little about our very old court house. It is just beautiful and I plan to go back on one of these Saturdays to check it out again. I've also looked up some of the events that are going on downtown and at the museums...so there's progress there!***
2. Read more...for ME. ~ I love to read. LOVE it. I have not had much time to read for pleasure lately. I am going to make time. Just like my art is important to me and my journaling, so is reading. I read plenty - online, magazines, self-help, spiritual guidance, how-to's...but I just want to get back into my super thick historical fiction books. I have a goal to read Jane Austen everything this year, so I might just start with that. Make time. Every day. I must.
***Okay, I've done a bit of this. I forgot about a book called Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson. I decided to finish that probably by tomorrow or Sunday and then I will have to see what's on my list next - probably my Jane books. Progress here too!...***
3. Lose 10 lbs. ~ Okay. This is what makes me get busy. I just didn't want to put it out there last month 'cause it's almost like I knew I wouldn't be ready for it. But enough is enough. Just start with 10 right? I can do that. More water, cut out the sugar/starch/carbs, get my butt moving... I can do this.
***I've been doing great on the water - not so much on the sugar/starch/carbs business. I haven't gained, but I haven't lost. Still - this one is a fail. Let's see if I can do better this week. =/ ***
It's not too late for you to join in the 3in30 fun. Just click on the button in my sidebar and join in - you'll be glad you did!
IMAG0630
Riverside County Court House ...Erected 1903...taken with my phone. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...