Saturday, February 5, 2011

Reuse, Reduce, REPURPOSE!! Toy Storage...

My little guy is just now getting into playing with little plastic toy soldiers. He sets them all up and then he gets all involved in the war or uses his nerf guns to shoot at targets... I guess it's a guy thing, 'cause I just can't relate. haha. I saw him carrying his little soldiers in a plastic grocery bag and I thought that just wouldn't do. I got a ziploc baggy for him, but then realised that wouldn't last either.
So, this mommy decided to look around for something to ALTER. =) We had a jar of Trail Mix that was empty except for a layer of very sad, rejected raisins that were never going to be touched. I dumped them and cleaned the jar and then got busy with my Cricut and Xyron machine. Done in about 10 minutes! It's simple, yet practical!

I made his name in Don Juan font - 2".

Close ups =)


I think he likes it! I'm always on the hunt for better organization and decorative storage. I will show you what I got at Goodwill for $2.99 later on - it's going in my craft room and I can't wait to use it. =)

1 comment:

  1. Super cute and Super handy!!! Plus, I LOVE being green and recycling! Good for you sis. I wish I had a fun Cricut to do my crafts on. =) Can't wait to see what you got from Goodwill! (We don't have one here) lol

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...