Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Family Get-Away...

I was so excited to be able to plan a special little get-away for my family and I. Due to our hectic schedules and family size of 6 - we aren't able to run off and spoil ourselves like we'd like to that often. I'd been putting away a little bit here and there and through a huge answer to prayer - I was able to book two evenings away for us. We were very happy with the suite that we reserved. It even had a lovely ocean view! We loved the personal touch with the little shells. We got in late on Sunday night, so we all got cleaned up and went to sleep. The next morning we woke up and went to breakfast and then got back to the hotel to change for the beach. The weather was just right. It was a beautiful day. Sadly, the shore was way too rocky and it was impossible for Taryn to go into the ocean and boogie boarding was definitely out of the question. I was bummed for her. =( The two little ones were having fun for a while building sand castles, but it was evident that little Marco was not feeling well. He was having asthma problems. We packed up early and headed back to the hotel. Daddy gave Marco a breathing treatment and stayed in the room with the little guy to rest. Big Marco was fighting a bad cold as well. I promised the girls that we could go down to the pool so that they could swim. I didn't mind being pool-side either. I got some reading done and even went for a little swim. When I got up to the room, my husband looked really concerned. Marco was getting worse. Marco ended up calling around to find the nearest Urgent Care. I left the girls at the hotel and we spent the next several hours (into the night) at urgent care. It was rough. He was definitely a sick little boy. We got back to the hotel and I talked Marco into taking the girls to see a movie. They would've been fine staying, but I wanted them to have fun - so they went. I'm glad because they really enjoyed it. Little man just slept all night.
The next day we got up and packed our things. We headed back towards home, but stopped to get a bite at Irvine Spectrum. It's a great spot with all kinds of restaraunts and shopping. They also had a great carousel. We enjoyed some lunch at Red Robin and then my little guy got his promised ride. Of course he did not pick a regular horse like the other kids. He had to have the tiger.


He's a happy guy here! By the time we got home, it was clear that I had caught whatever it was that was going around. Little Marco and I spent all of Wednesday in bed. I never do that. I was really looking forward to a good time and chance to relax with my family - but it doesn't look like it was meant to be. *sigh* The thing I'm thankful for is that all my kids say that they had the best time. Really? Huh. Then I AM happy. That's what I wanted. I love family time and I don't care what it is that we're doing - as long as we are together.

Philippians 4:11~Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

1 comment:

  1. Aaaaaaw I'm so glad you guys had a good time even through the little one's health wasn't so good... (I'm so sorry that happend) :( You guys definitely deserved some time away! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...