Friday, May 20, 2011

A banner for JUSTUS...

It was just about two years ago when I made a very similar banner for my sister Tabitha's first son - Julius. You can see that banner here. Well just two days ago, her second son was born. His name is Justus. She is keeping with the same theme in the nursery and asked that I do a second banner. Of course, I was more than happy to do it.

I started out with some heavy duty chipboard that I cut down to 6"x6" and then covered with Mod Podge and DCWV paper. The tool pictured is the Basic Grey Rub On Stylus Tool. It's one of my most favorite tools ever. I use it mostly for smoothing out the Mod Podge or glue to keep the paper from bubbling up. You can find one here.


After adhering the cardstock to the chipboard, I cut out the appropriate letters and words from the Cricut All Mixed Up cartridge. I also used Cat's Eye Chalk in Chestnut Brown on the edges of the squares.

I then used my Crop-o-dile to punch holes in each corner for me to string the brown ribbon through...I normally would reinforce the hole with an eyelet, but this chipboard was pretty thick and didn't really need it.

I used my Xyron adhesive to stick the letters and words to the paper.


Sweet baby Boy...JUSTUS...Love


It'll be going out in the mail tomorrow. I hope they like it!

3 comments:

  1. SIS! oh my goodness I love it sooooo much. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering how you use the modge podge? I have some but I don't quite know how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ashley... I brush the mod podge onto the chipboard with a sponge brush. Then I lay the paper on the chipboard and smooth out any bubbles. There is a website called ModPodge Rocks. You should check it out. =)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...