It's been a while since I've participated in any swaps, but I'm so glad that I decided to do this one. I always enjoy Sarah's swaps at our Soul Journaling Yahoo! Group. This swap was a 13 for 13, meaning you make 13 cards and will receive 13 different cards in return. Each card needed to be made with a playing card. The only guidelines were that one side had to have a journaling prompt (writing or art) and the other side needed to have decorative paper of some sort and your email. Also, the cards could not be 3D (nothing coming off the card like buttons and such).
Here are my 13 cards. I made them each different and on most of them, I tried to do the actual prompt as part of my artwork. I really enjoyed these little ATC cards. I can't wait to see what I'll get in return. I'll be sure to come back and share what I receive!
(click on photos to enlarge and see details)
The "fronts" of the first set.
1. Writing Prompt: "I love the sound of..."
2. Look through magazines to find pictures that make you smile. Cut them out and collage them.
3. Choose a favorite color and base your whole page around it. Write why you love that color.
1. Apply some paint or ink to bubble wrap and then "stamp" with it on your page.
2. What has been the highest compliment you've ever received?
3. Include some large hearts in your journal today.
The "fronts" of the second set...
1. Scatter water color pencil shavings over a water saturated page.
2. Write a secret you've been keeping, then gesso and create over it.
3. Writing prompt: "I am happy with..."
1. List 10 smells you love.
2. Add some sort of "bling" to your page. Glitter, sparkles, gems...
3. Make a page with 25 adjectives on it that describe YOU.
This was one of my favorites. I took a water color ATC card and totally saturated it with water. Then I just sharpened some of my water color pencils over it, allowing the shavings to fall where they may. I did that with several different colors, shook off the "wood" part of the shavings and then let it dry. I then adhered it to the playing card with tacky glue. I mod podged over the shavings to kind of "seal" it.
This one was my favorite out of all of them. I lightly gesso'd the card and then went over it with a wash of acrylic. I believe it was a mix of camel and mango. While it was still wet, I took a scrunched up paper towel and dabbed it. It left the nice texture and I heat set it right away. Then I stamped my image with Staz On black ink and then splattered the red acrylic paint on top of it all. I then added the prompt with gel medium and of course that was inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
They've gone out and are on their way to Florida. Come back to see what I receive. =)