Friday, May 25, 2012

Ladies Banquet: Sweeter Than Honey

These were our favors.  All wedding favor items were on sale at Michael's, so I got these jars and then filled them with quality honey.  They have a little cloth and baker's twine that came with them. So cute!...

Psalm 19:10~More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Our ladies banquet this year was a "Sweet" success. =)  Our theme was "Sweeter Than Honey".  I thought I'd share some of the little details that went into this event. 
 I found these adorable honey pots at TJ Maxx.  I added the tags with the theme and theme verse on it.  I used them as table decor and then gave them away as door prizes.  They were a favorite!
 I split the ladies into two groups and we had an ice-breaker game.  The winning team received these honey stick bundles.  I bought them at Cost Plus World Market and then bundled them into threes and added the ribbon and the hand-stamped tags.
Lorany, a friend in our church, generously made a bunch of these to use as centerpieces and favors for the gathering. They are adorable bumblebee cake pops.  The can was a baby formula can that we covered and decorated.  Holes were drilled into the lid to hold the pops.
 We also did a "Can you guess how many?" game with honeycomb cereal put in a mason jar.  This was passed around and numbers were guessed. The winner got a pack of Altoid honey flavored mints with a honey stir stick tied on for fun.
 I bought this already made flower arrangement at Michael's on clearance.  I added ribbon, theme tag and verse and hand-stamped tag with a honeybee on it.
 We held the banquet at Marie Callender's restaurant.  They served a wonderful brunch buffet which included: scrambled eggs, beautiful sausages, bacon, quiche, fried potatoes, mixed fruit, muffins, juice and coffee.  It was delicious!!
 I bought a couple of these on sale at Michael's as well.  I tied a honey stir stick to the handle, added tags, added some Bit O Honey candy for all to help themselves and used it as table decor.  I gave these away to the lady that brought the most guests and to another lady that made all the cake pops for us.
 The set up looked lovely with the yellow and black.
 I also bought some honey that had actual honeycomb in it and put it out for all to enjoy.
 I was getting ready to announce the winner of the guessing game before I shared my little devotion with the ladies.  I shared that the Word of God was sweeter than honey and more valuable than fine gold.  Without It,  we would be lost.  I need a handbook to help me be the best mommy, wife, friend, daughter, person, etc that I can be.  The Bible is that handbook for me.
This is a picture of me with my girls Taryn, Hannah and Naomi.  They are such a blessing in my life.  I learn so much from my children who are all so different in their personalities.  It's really humbling to see the strengths AND weaknesses they pick up from Marco and I.  Keeps me on my toes to try and always be a better, continually learning mommy, friend and wife.  This is my life.

2 comments:

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...