Monday, February 11, 2013

hello monday|six

hello monday.
hello selfie. Not a great one (taken with my phone), but trying to get in the camera a little more often thanks to this article.
hello preparation for my sister’s visit. My dear sister Esther has finally moved from Michigan back to New Mexico.  She and her family will be arriving sometime this weekend for a week-long visit. I am seriously beside myself with excitement!  Cleaning house, making a menu and planning little activities, but mostly looking forward to late night talks and lots of laughing and maybe even crying. It’s been too long!
hello rain and cold weather. We are finally getting some rain and temps cold enough that we are even experiencing snow flurries and hail!  That’s not a big deal if you are back east and experiencing blizzards, but for us, even a little snow is exciting. =)

hello new readers in the house.  Naomi is in second grade and has been reading wonderfully.  My little Marco is in Kindergarten and the other day I told him to go read a book. He said, “Mom! I can’t read yet.”  So I had him bring his book from his reading group and he sat down and read the whole thing. I was so proud of him and told him he did a great job reading.  He still looked confused and then asked, “Is this a real book?” haha! I laughed so hard. I finally realized that he thought that it wasn’t really reading unless it was a big chapter book like everyone else was reading. Funny boy!  I told him that any time he recognizes a word or can sound it out, he IS reading. Oh, my goodness!  He finally understands.

hello quiet time.  I don’t get enough of you, but I’m so thankful when I do.

hello Monday Mugshots. I took my coffee to go today because I am on my way to the dentist. I will be spending my next several Mondays and Fridays at the dentist (hubby too) to catch up on some much needed dental work. Not my favorite, but I am thankful we can do this.
hello mail art exchange. Taking part in a fun post card exchange from an Art Journaling blog I follow. Sending some hand-made post cards to Germany, Netherlands, Minnesota and Great Britain! Can't wait to see what I get back.
hello Valentine’s week. I look forward to planning a special day for my loves this week.  Last year I surprised them with a nice Valentine’s breakfast before they went off to school. We shall see what this year holds. ;)
So there you go. hello monday and new beginnings.

Inspired by my friend, Lee at Embrace Life, Hello Monday provides a peek into the coming week - in all its glory. Join us and Lisa for the Hello Monday fun.


“With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.”
~~Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...