Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pinned and Tried: Angel Chicken

I love to try a new recipe, but I always end up tweaking it to my own liking.  This recipe was no exception.  I pinned this recipe and was hoping it would be one of my go-to crock pot meals.
I ended up just making this on the stove-top and it turned out great.  It was a huge hit with the whole family.  I made it like the recipe states - but I will let you know anything I changed up or added.

Angel Chicken
Ingredients:


4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
I cut mine into bite size cubes since I needed it to cook quickly and still be tender.
1 8-oz. pkg. fresh button mushrooms, quartered
(I used 2 - 4oz. cans of stems and pieces 'cause I had them on hand)
1 6-oz. pkg. fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps sliced
totally missed this on the list - love them, just didn't see it or add them
1/4 cup butter

1 0.7-oz. pkg. Italian dry salad dressing mix

1 10-3/4-oz. can condensed golden mushroom soup

1/2 cup dry white wine I bought a small single serving of Chardonnay and it was perfect for this recipe

1/2 of an 8-oz. tub cream cheese spread with chives and onion

Hot cooked rice or angel hair pasta I used the angel hair pasta

3 cups of Kirkland Normandy style vegetable blend-has the broccoli, cauliflower, baby carrots and sliced yellow carrots (bought at Costco)

Directions:
I followed the order as she stated.
I used a dutch oven type pot.  
Start by melting the butter in the pot.
Add Italian dressing packet.
Stir in soup. I also added 3/4 can of milk.
Add wine and cream cheese and combine until it melts.
Add mushrooms.
Add frozen vegetables.

I let that simmer for about a minute or two and then I added the cubed chicken.  
I put the lid on it and let it cook making sure to check that I did not lose too much liquid. This is why the crock pot would have been better.

I started checking the chicken at about 30 minutes.  It was already cooked really tender.  This time may very if you do it on the stove like I did - so keep an eye on it.
Serve over angel hair pasta.
Enjoy!  
I love Pinterest, but I especially love putting those pins to the test! 
Have you tried anything worth sharing lately?  I'd love to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...