Monday, May 6, 2013

hello monday|sixteen

hello rain. As I was shutting the sliding glass door last night, I thought, "Hmmm. It smells like rain is coming." and it made me smile. For the most part, I love rain.  I think it's because I am from Washington state and also because we don't get it too often here in the Inland Empire of Southern California!
When I woke up, I could see that it did indeed rain during the night and probably early morning.  Is there more to come?  I hope so!
hello swim banquet planning. I am helping out with the planning of the banquet and am a little nervous about making things look just right for the team. They had such an awesome year.  The girls got Second Place at the League Finals, while our boys finished in First Place.  They have the CIF championships and that is it for the school year!  I know they will do well!
hello signs of spring.  You are all around me, but I know I have to really look for you sometimes!  One of my disappointments in living in Southern California is that I miss the definite changing of the seasons. Little buds like this go unnoticed if you are rushing here and there, but learning to slow down and look for them has helped me to MINIMIZE in so many ways.
hello mother's day. I was just looking at my pictures and started a file titled MAY 2013 when I noticed May 2012 right next to it. I clicked on it and opened the folder.  WOW. So much has happened in just one year. It really made me stop and think about it all.
I will be trying to get a card or gift in the mail before Wednesday for my mother who lives in Washington.  Not an easy task for me - it gives me some stress, to be honest.  Getting it to the post office won't be the hard part.  Deciding what to give her... That's another story. *sigh*
hello personal decisions.  Time to push the RESET button and get some focus!  Many areas that I am working on and planning with purpose!

So there you go. hello monday and new beginnings.

Inspired by my friend, Lee at Embrace Life, Hello Monday provides a peek into the coming week - in all its glory. Join us and Lisa for the Hello Monday fun.

The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain.”
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


1 comment:

  1. The smell of rain when it is needed is so wonderful - your photos look so refreshing!
    Whatever you decide on the Banquet will be just fine - I hope you don't stress out too much!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...