Monday, December 13, 2010

Reverb 10|Day 13|Action


December 13 – Action
When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step?
(Author: Scott Belsky)
______________________________
It is so true that it's the ACTION that makes ideas happen.
If you only knew of all the things I've dreamed up in my head!
Practical things like how I might better organize my studio to bigger goals like going back to school... but there they sit.
My inner critic and my "if I can't do it perfectly, it's better not to try" demons, or "maybe it won't work out" hound talks me out of it.
My next step would be to write out a plan and then make it happen. I need to get over the "what ifs?" and just go for it.
Another thing is that sometimes I am just plain lazy and don't want to put forth the effort to make something work. I am comfortable in just wondering what might have been. I need to get over that too. Anyway, there's no question on what I need to do...I just need to do it.
What are you holding yourself back from??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...