Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Reverb 10|Day 14|Appreciate


December 14 – Appreciate
What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?
(Author: Victoria Klein)
_________________________________________________
The thing I've been able to appreciate the most this year is that I was able to make the decision to stay home with my youngest instead of working outside the home. I know. I've talked about this on the blog already, but there it is. Working outside the home has always been my choice. I am thankful that my husband has not ever expected me to work or not work. It's always been up to me.
He does not depend on my paycheck to help with the bills. When I did work, it was always what we used for the "extras" in life or for me to spend as I wished. I must admit that it was nice having that extra income and things are sometimes tight, but being able to do what I do now is worth the exchange.
I am home with my son - I am amazed at how much he has changed with extra mommy attention. I am able to volunteer in my youngest daughter's class, I am able to work on my own things during the day or meet with friends...it really is a wonderful thing.
I try to use my time wisely and I am learning to really not try to fill up every single second with activity, but instead, appreciate it and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...