Thursday, December 16, 2010

Reverb 10|Day 17|Lesson Learned


December 17 – Lesson Learned
What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward?
(Author: Tara Weaver)
___________________________________________________________

I read this today...and I almost cried for the beauty of it. This is what I've learned this year. THIS. This is how I want to live my life. I can not believe that I've stumbled upon this just today as I was contemplating the Reverb prompt for tomorrow. I am actually posting ahead. Wow.

"To live content with small means;
to seek elegance rather than luxury,
and refinement rather than fashion;
to be worthy, not respectable,
and wealthy, not rich;
to listen to stars and birds,
babes and sages,
with open heart;
to study hard;
to think quietly,
act frankly,
talk gently,
await occasions,
hurry never;
in a word, to let the spiritual,
unbidden and unconscious,
grow up through the common
--this is my symphony."
~WILLIAM HENRY CHANNING

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...