Saturday, December 25, 2010

Reverb 10|Day 25|Photo

December 25 – Photo – a present to yourself
Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.
(Author: Tracey Clark)
_______________________________________

First of all, it was easy to look through the photos of me because there are so few. I don't generally like to get my picture taken. If it is taken, it's usually not a candid shot. Those almost always get deleted. =( I know, that's terrible. BUT hey, that is one thing I want to change for next year. I want to be in the moment and not care if a photograph is being taken.
I went ahead and chose this picture, because this is who I am - crazy lady...no, not really. I love my kids and I love to have fun. The best times I have with my family are when we are laughing and being silly. I love that we can be that way.
However, it is not always easy for me to be this way with them all the time. I can tend to be a little...well,... uptight. There. I said it. I know that I can be extremely hard on them and that sometimes, instead of enjoying the moment, I can kill it by trying to get things "perfect".
I don't want to be that way with my family. I don't want to ruin special days and events because I am so stressed about the house being cleaned perfectly or the food being just right...those are important, but they are not more important than the people that I am doing it for in the first place.
I'm striving to be a less-stressed, more impressed mommy for 2011. Good idea, no?

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your pic choice, Sherry! Like you, I didn't have to look far but I have to say you are very good about getting into the photo. Here's to LESS STRESS in 2011 :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...