Saturday, October 8, 2011

Two Altered Journals...

Both of my older girls needed a regular composition book for school.  So, of course we bought the regular black and white ones when that were on sale at Target and since they are MY daughters (ha-ha), they asked if they were allowed to cover them.  To our delight, both of their teachers said that they could.  They are both no longer in the "pink and glittery" stage.  I told them to go through my paper stash to see what caught their eye.  They both liked the DCWV paper stack called Immortal Love.  I guess it would be an understatement to say that it is Twilight inspired.  Anyway, these are the books after I got done with the paper, mod podge, ribbon, etc. =)  Easy peasy and cheap.  Both girls were happy.
Hannah's book
Taryn's book
And in case you don't know what I started with...here's a picture of what I was working with:

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE them. They look so pretty! Good job. I'm gonna have to learn how to do that! Any tips?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great. Huge difference. Good Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them. Did I tell you I lost my whole bag of scrapbook stuff. plus 2 albums i was working on. somewhere between all the moving it got lost :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun way to let your girls get creative and personalize their composition books. The books turned out beautiful! I'm stopping by from the Blog Bash! Jen @ www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I'm here from the Blog Bash. You did a great job on those notebooks, they look awesome!

    Rachel @ TheSingingSparrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sherry, I too am here from the Blog Bash. I love these notebooks and your site. I also dabble in creativity and I love your look here.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and get to know you, so leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by...